Cauliflower is delicious and versatile.
It is high in fiber and B vitamins. Increasing your consumption of vegetables, in general, can help fight diabetes, heart disease, and increase your energy and help lower your weight!
And did we mention, it is delicious?!
AND, it can be used to make a delicious pizza crust. WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK?!
As a pizza addict who is trying to regulate their pizza consumption so as not to undo all the awesome work at our Synergee Headquarters, I can tell you this cauliflower advancement is pretty darn exciting.
This week, let’s make some delicious, nutritious, cauliflower-icious pizza! This recipe comes from The Food Network!
- 1 Head of Cauliflower, stalk removed
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break the cauliflower apart into florets, then run it through the food processor. Pulse it until it is finely chopped.
- Steam it and then drain well (i.e. you can let it sit on a towel as it cools to get the moisture out). Let it cool.
- In a bowl, combine the cauliflower and the remaining ingredients. Place it on the center of the baking sheet and spread it into a circle. Make it look like a pizza crust!
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add your desired toppings and then bake for another 10 minutes.
- EAT IT!