Workout Anywhere With Our Mini Bands, Literally!: 4 Exercises To Do In The Car
Yes, you read that correct!
You can workout with Mini Bands IN THE CAR!
One of our awesome Synergee Athletes, @cocogabriale on Instagram, shared some workouts she likes to do in the car as a travelling passenger!
For anyone who drives a lot or has a big road trip coming up, consider grabbing yourself some Mini Bands and avoid the boredom and monotony of sitting still for hours!!
Of course, use discretion when performing these workouts. Obviously, if you are driving, DO NOT DO THESE EXERCISES! And if the driver finds any of these moves distracting, refrain from performing them. Arriving alive is the focus!
Move #1: THE BICEP CARLS
Get it? Bicep CAR-L instead of CURL?
Puns aside, this is great for restless arms during a long day of driving!
- Bring your right foot up to rest on your left knee, such that you right knee flares out do the side.
- Loop the mini band around your right foot and grasp it with your right hand.
- Rest your elbow on your right thigh.
- Bring your right hand towards your right shoulder and then lower it back to your foot.
- Complete 10-15 reps, then switch sides.
Move #2: TRICEP EXTENSIONS
Don’t worry, I’m all out of puns.
This move will complement those bicep carls – I mean, curls – nicely!
- Loop your Mini band around the headrest and slide it down so it fits underneath the cushioned part.
- This move can be a little awkward, as you will have to move down in your seat. Slide forward, brace your abs, then lean back into the seat so you can grasp the Mini Band above your head. Ensure your seatbelt is still in a safe position! If you cannot complete this movement without compromising your seatbelt placement, do not attempt it.
- Start with your elbows above your head and hands towards the head rest. Then extend your elbows and bring your hands forward to perform the tricep extension. Perform 10-20 reps.
Move #3: ROWS
When you perform this move, it’ll feel like you’re rowing the car towards your destination! Isn’t that fun?!
- Loop the Mini Band around the handle next to the passenger door.
- Sit tall, pulling your shoulder blades back and bracing your abs. Grasp the band with your right hand.
- Pull the band towards your body tucking your elbow in towards your body and bringing your hand towards your ribs. Allow your hand to travel back to start, resisting the band so it moves back slowly.
- Perform 10-15 reps, then switch sides. To perform these on the left side you will need to turn in your chair slightly. Again, ensure your seatbelt is still in a safe position! If you cannot complete this movement without compromising your seatbelt placement, do not attempt it.
Move #4: TWISTS
This move is especially great when your back starts to get stiff and feel compressed from all that sitting!
- Loop the Mini Band around the arm rest adjacent to you. Grasp the Mini band with both hands.
- Pinch your shoulders back, sit up straight, and brace your core.
- Keep your torso facing forward and pull the mini band across your body to the other side in a slow and controlled manner.
- In a slow and controlled manner, return to start.
- Complete 15 reps then switch the Mini Band to the Arm Rest on the other side.
So next time you go on an epic road trip, don’t forget your Mini Bands! You’re probably not going to get an epic sweat session sitting in the passenger seat, but at the very least you can stay mobile and moving to keep your joints and muscles happy!
And, of course, once you arrive at your destination, they’re an awesome mobile exercise tool to have on hand!
Happy travels, Athletes!!